Wear this T-shirt @ Kes 1000 to remind ourselves what we are proud of most. I AM KENYAN.
N3Milles always has my favorite colors outfit,different designs.They never disappoint.Anytime I pay them a visit i always get something that i love.
Pay them a visit to day @
Nakumatt Lifestyle building
Monrovia Street, Nairobi
Tel: 254 20 2228325/254 722319268
Fillet Steak, is also known as filet mignon and beef tenderloin,is the most tenderest cut of beef you can buy and, as a result,one of the most expensive.When you tast you certainly understand why!
For Mushroom and Sherry Sauce
- 50g butter
- 400gm mushroom wiped and sliced
- 90ml sherry wine
- 225ml chicken ir light beef stock
- 175ml single cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion,peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2xtins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs such basil,parsley,marjoram or tarragon
- sea salt,black pepper and sugar
- 4×175 fillet steak.
- First make the mushroom and sherry sauce. Heat the butter on a high heat in a medium-sized frying pan.Add the mushrooms and saute for 7-9 minutes until golden brown.Measure the sherry wine or brandy( I prefer brandy) into a small bowl and add quickly to the mushrooms.Allow to boil but stand back as it might flame.Add the stock and allow it to boil,and then add the cream.Boil the mixture for 5 minutes until it gas thickened and finally add the thyme leaves and season to taste.
- Then Make the tomato fondue. heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.Add the onion and garlic,toss until coated,then cover and sweat over a gentle heat until soft and tiny bit golden.Add the tomatoes and chopped herbs,mix and season with salt and pepper and a pinch of a sugar.Gently simmer,uncovered,for approximately 30minutes or until softened.
- When you are ready to eat,heat up a grill pan or a heavy,large frying pan for cooking the steaks.Drizzle steaks with olive oil and sea salt and pepper.Place the steaks on the hot pan and cook on either for a few minutes if you want it rare,approximately 6 minutes for medium rare or 8-10 minutes for well done.When the steaks are cooked,take them off the pan,allow them off the pan,allow them to rest for 2 minutes then serve with a lovely helping of mushrooms and Sherry/brandy sauce and the tomato fondue.
Choosing kids‘ rooms decor can be an overwhelming task. Find suggestions on budgeting, furniture choices on the internet takes a lot of time.
At Funkidz they have a wide range of furnitures.I thank God my sons room will be more organized with proper sorts his gadget he can’t do without.
This one rice that i love preparing when short of time.Its filling and fun.
- 8 beef or pork sausages
- 4 chicken drumsticks and 2 chicken wings or breast
- 2 medium onions chopped finely
- 11/2 cup of rice
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic,crushed
- 3 trimmed celery stalks sliced thickly
- 11/2 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Cook sausages in a large saucepan,turning, until browned all over;remove from pan. In the same pan,cook chicken, a few pieces at a time, until browned all over.
- 2-3 fry onions until soft.Add rice,cayenne,thyme,bay leaves,garlic,celery and crushed tomatoes.Stir to incorporate.
- Chop sausages to bite size pieces and add to rice mixture together with the chicken and peas.Pour in stock and bring to boil.Reduce the head and simmer,uncovered for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Tip: I always cook my sausage without the skin.
This recipe is from Tupike issue 8th March,April 2008.