The cold weather is almost fading away.I would like to share a recipe that kept me going during those cold evenings. It’s rich, smoother and on its own with some bread on the side, would make a very good starter.
- 25gm butter
- 2 leeks9About 300g/12oz) dark green tops removed.White bits thinly sliced.
- 2 Potatoes(about 175gm/6oz0 peel and chopped.
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- 75ml(21/2) single cream
- 100-150g cheese.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan,add leeks,potatoes and bay leaves. Seoson with salt and pepper and cover.Turn the heat down to low and let the vegetables sweat for 10 minutes,stirring every now and then to ensure they don’t burn.
- After 10 minutes add the stock,increase the heat and simmer for a further 8-10minutes until the potatoes are cooked and leeks soft.Remove the bay leaves,add the cream and the crumbles cheese and transfer to the blender.Blend the soup till its soft and smooth.Return to the pan to re-heat,tasting and seasoning if necessary.
- To server, pour the soup into warm bowls and sprinkle with the extra crumbled cheese.
TIP: When steaming the onions or vegetables for a long time, i like to cover then with a piece of grease proof paper as well as the saucepan lid. This helps to retain the moisture and makes sure they don’t burn.
English: Artist’s rendering of a Mars Exploration Rover. Français : Vue d’artiste d’un Mars Exploration Rover (litt. « rover d’exploration martienne »). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
DARING FOR MIGHTY THINGS: Mars Rovers
These guys have awesome job than most of us!
can send images and video 225 million km to Earth ..and while i try to get wifi in the next room? Really!
Our sunday giveaway is finally here! For weeks now, i have been looking forward to this day.
We’ve been working tireless going through ebay, amazon for gifts that you may like for your homes, family and friends.
So,this week will be our first giveway.What you need to do is like us on our facebook page, join us on twitter or comment on our blog. Send us an email, with title Sunday Giveaways to email@example.com.
We will be giving out 10 small prizes each week.Giveaways/Gifts range from picture frame, wall murals and paintings,mirrors,table lamps, beautiful and pricessless antiques
Keep it here @momapprise
Saturday’s I Can’t Live Without This! – Instant Button for Jeans
Moms are truly the best inventors. They understand us and make our lives easier. I have found THE mom invention that I cannot live without!
This new, innovative fashion accessory will change the relationship you have with denim. It is an easy-to-install removable button that instantly and seamlessly alters the waistband up to one and a half sizes WITHOUT requiring a belt or an alteration! It is perfect for those going through weight loss, are in-between sizes, have a gap between the body and the back of the waistband or have jeans with buttons popped off.
After quitting my job a year ago, I’m still having trouble squeezing into some of going to work jeans, but with the Instant Button for Jeans
, I can actually wear them comfortably. It looks and feel like a real button and I don’t even feel it when it on. It’s a great alternative to those, like me, who cannot afford to purchase new jeans or pay for alterations. Inserting the button is similar to putting on a earring-super easy. Each set comes in two sizes, 6mm and 8mm, to accommodate the thickness of your jeans.
When i was in london i knew what to go for first, this new invention of course.
This amazing invention is only kes 1200/set and would make the perfect stocking stuffer this year!
Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get yours
- half Pineapple cut into strips
- 1 medium size chopped green pepper
- 1 medium sized chopped yellow pepper
- 1 medium sized chopped red pepper
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 2 tsp mint sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
Tip: Home Made mint sauce: 3 bunches of fresh mint,3tbsp of olive oil,3tbsp of vinegar and a pinch of sugar.Chop the mint finely and blend together with other ingredients.
- Cut tomato into strips.Put the pineapple,peppers and tomatoes in a large bowl and mix.
- Add mint sauce and mix well.
- Serve in a salad bowl
Tupike magazine April/May 2010